5th Annual Stop TB Trot
TB is still one of the world's deadliest diseases.
- About 1/3 of the world's population, and an estimated 11 million persons in the United States are infected with TB.
- Each year, nearly 9 million people around the world become sick with TB and 2 million will die due to TB.
- Without treatment, about 5-10% of infected persons will develop active TB disease at some point in their lives.
- Drug-resistant TB is very difficult and costly to treat. Persons with drug-resistant TB are more likely to die of TB than persons with drug-susceptible TB.
- In Colorado the number of active TB cases is on average 100 per year.
- TB treatment lasts 6 to 24 months. Patients may be unable to work and care for their families for several months.
Join us on March 24
Help us celebrate World TB Day at the 5th Annual Stop TB Trot - a 5K run / walk on March 24, 2013, to promote awareness of tuberculosis (TB) infection and disease in Colorado and around the world. Registration and packet pick-up start at 8 a.m., and the race starts at 9:30 a.m., rain or snow. Last year's race was a huge success with 258 participants and over $5,600 raised for the TB Patient Assistance Fund. This fund has helped provide needy Denver area TB patients with temporary housing, food and transportation while on TB treatment.
This event will be open to competitive and recreational runners and walkers. You may use your race time to qualify for the first 21 waves of the waves of the Dick's Sporting Goods BolderBOULDER.
Some of the many fantastic prizes we have for the top finishers and raffle entry winners include a night at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, a private cooking class from A Delightful Dish, fitness training sessions, free meals at several Denver area restaurants, and products from places like Wallaroo Hats.
Teams of 5 people or more will receive a discount of $5 per person.Register online before 5 pm on March 22nd to receive a discount of $5 over the same day registration price.
Donations to Tuberculosis Patient Assistance Fund
The Denver Health Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation. Your donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Please make checks payable to:
Denver Health Foundation
"TB Patient Assistance Fund"
655 Broadway, Ste. 750
Denver, CO 80203
You can also donate online
You can also donate by dining at Walter's Pizzeria which is having a fundraising night for the Stop TB Trot on Tuesday, March 19. Say you're with the Stop TB Trot when you dine or order food that night and 20% of the sales from your order will be donated to the TB Assistance Fund!
Also supported by